A SCHOOLS GO SURFING TRIP TO
A Schools Go Surfing trip to Morocco guarantees a unique school trip experience. Stay with our international surf camp partners in Taghazout, providing a private surf hotel with breath-taking sunsets and perfect waves at your doorstep. You will be mesmerised by the culture, hospitality, and beautiful nature that this country has to offer. From October to May, Morocco is one of our most popular school trip destinations; and for a good reason!
Taghazout is a quirky fisherman’s village with over 30 surf spots. Over the years Taghazout has evolved into the surfing capital of Morocco, yet still retained its authenticity and traditions. The colourful streets, white-washed buildings, and deep blue Atlantic views create an exotic setting around your Schools Go Surfing adventure. Complete a comprehensive surf course, join private yoga classes, and hike through Paradise Valley!
hot dry summers
hot dry summers
SURFING IN TAGHAZOUT
Whether you are a beginner, intermediate or already living the surf dream, Morocco has a surf spot for you. Since the ’60s, surfers from all over the world have been travelling to Taghazout to experience Morocco’s perfect waves. The Atlantic brings swell to these shores throughout the year, with the best surf conditions guaranteed from October until May; creating the perfect lure of amazing waves and winter sun!
A TYPICAL DAY SURFING
Wake up to a delicious breakfast buffet on the sea view roof terrace. Collect your equipment and get together with your surf level groups. We’ll jump in the vans and drive to the beach for your morning surf lesson. We begin the lesson with a warm-up, safety talk, and run-through of the day’s objectives and aims. Surf Morocco’s epic waves all morning with your friends, focusing on technique and progression.
You will receive a comprehensive and personalised surf course in Morocco, which will be delivered by Lapoint's international surf team throughout the week. Their surf instructors are fully qualified and hold excellent knowledge of the local surf breaks. Lapoint's surf lessons are categorised into levels 1, 2 and 3, and include all equipment.
Level one is designed for those of you that have never surfed before or inexperienced surfers that want to go through the basics again. This will be a fun and encouraging introduction to surfing, catching as many white-water waves as possible.
Level two is designed for surfers that can catch and ride a white-water wave on their own. Level two focuses on getting you to the outside line up in waist-high waves. You will learn to catch green waves, ride the face of the wave and read the conditions.
Level three is designed for intermediate and advanced surfers; you must be able to catch waist-high green waves and surf in both directions independently. This group will surf easy reef breaks, points and beach breaks.
Two rooftop yoga classes per week are included for all students, with additional classes payable onsite. Yoga is an optimum method of balance training, which will help to improve your core strength, flexibility and breathing volume.
Beach Games & Skateboarding
During your free time, we offer beach games, including football, rounders, and volleyball. Alternatively, join us in Taghazout's famous skate park!
Despite becoming a popular surf town, time feels like it has stood still in Taghazout and it remains rich in culture and traditions. Explore the streets and cafes in the afternoon, sipping mint tea and buying hand-crafted gifts from the souks and shops.
Surf Camp Activities
Play table-tennis, card games, or watch movies. Socialise in one of the chill-out areas, watch mesmerising sunsets and discuss the waves and wipeouts of the day!
TRIPS & EXCURSIONS
Paradise Valley Day Trip
Paradise Valley is a must-see when visiting Taghazout. Situated along a section of the Tamraght River valley, take a trip to the foothills of the High Atlas Mountains. After a 45-minute drive and 20 minutes of hiking, explore a hidden gorge flanked by sheer limestone cliffs. Explore the scenery and take a swim in the rivers, pools and waterfalls. Enjoy freshly squeezed orange juice and mouth-watering tagines.
Visit Agadir & Traditional Souks
Agadir is one of Morocco’s most modern cities and largest beach resorts, with palm-lined promenades and a wealthy marina. Learn about Berber culture and visit the boutique shops and the sprawling Souk El Had market. Following a devastating earthquake in 1960, the medieval kasbah was one of the few districts to survive. Wander its narrow streets to discover beautiful examples of Islamic architecture.
PRIVATE SURF HOTEL ACCOMMODATION
Our partners at Lapoint have turned a small city centre hotel into this epic private surf camp. The surf camp comfortably accommodates 32 students and five staff members. The students will stay in dorm bedrooms consisting of four to eight beds, shared bathrooms and mostly sea views. The travelling teachers will stay in private twin and double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms, air conditioning and balconies. The surf camp has two amazing roof terraces, where we meet for meals, practice yoga and relax after surfing. Located 50 meters from the sea and centrally in Taghazout, the surf camp is just minutes from the restaurants, markets and beaches.
Each dorm room accommodates four or eight students per dorm. These rooms include air conditioning and shared bathrooms.
For maximum privacy, we offer the travelling staff private double or twin bedrooms with air conditioning, ensuite bathrooms, and balconies.
- Rooftop terraces with beautiful views of the beach and waves.
- Hang out areas where we meet for meals or to chill after surfing.
- Indoor TV lounge for relaxing and films.
- Equipment storage rooms for surfboards and wetsuits.
- Yoga terrace.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Surf camp management team
- Daily cleaning
- Bed linen
- Onsite food and drink
- Unlimited drinking water
- Unlimited tea & coffee
- All overseas meals are included.
- You will receive a daily buffet breakfast and dinner on the surf camp terrace, provided by Lapoint’s onsite chefs.
- Based on the schedule for each day, a packed or surf camp lunch will be provided.
- We provide free refillable drinking water and unlimited tea and coffee.
- Vegan and vegetarian options are available.
- Visa documents (if required)
- Spending money
- Personal medication
- Towels; please bring one bath towel and one beach towel
- Sunscreen, after-sun, and moisturiser
- Sunglasses and sun hat
- European travel adapter
- Personal toiletries
- Day backpack and reusable water bottle
- Clothing incl. warm jumper or jacket for the evenings
- Flip flops
- Trainers for walking
- A camera to capture your favourite moments!
FULLY INCLUSIVE SCHOOL TRIP PACKAGES
- International flights
- One hold bag per passenger
- Overseas airport transfers
- All overseas transport
- Private surf house with sea views
- Dorm rooms and private staff rooms
- Bed linen, Wi-Fi and daily cleaning
- Central Taghazout location
Food & Drink
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Healthy lunch options
- Freshly prepared surf camp dinner
- Unlimited water, tea and coffee
- Comprehensive surf course
- Surf theory and video analysis
- Yoga classes twice a week
- Beach games and camp activities
- Visit Paradise Valley
- Agadir day trip (optional extra)
- Sociable surf camp BBQ
- Games and movie nights
- Visit venues in Taghazout
- Free time to socialise and relax
Support & Insurance
- Free staff travel (1:10)
- Schools Go Surfing Trip Leader
- Dedicated overseas surf camp team
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- Financial protection (ATOL)
Merchandise & Extras
- Sustainable Nolla water bottle
- High-quality surf tour hoody
- Bespoke Vamoos travel app account
- Photography (with permission)
- Carbon offsetting contribution