A SCHOOLS GO SURFING TRIP TO
EL COTILLO, FUERTEVENTURA
Welcome to Fuerteventura, the oldest of the Canary Islands and our most popular winter surf trip destination. Join us in El Cotillo, a picturesque fishing town full of charm and character on the island’s north-west coast. El Cotillo is a popular surfing town, with white-sand beaches and glassy waves right on your doorstep. Experience a Schools Go Surfing winter escape, guaranteeing year-round sun and great surfing conditions for all abilities.
Stay exclusively at Cotillo House, a high-quality boutique surf hotel with a rooftop swimming pool and 18 ensuite twin bedrooms. Everything is within walking distance when staying at Laif Hotel, from visiting boutique shops and authentic cafes, to meeting at the surf school or yoga studio. El Cotillo has a laid-back and friendly atmosphere with little traffic; the students can explore the town safely and independently during their free time.
(21°C to 28°C annually)
(21°C to 28°C annually)
& 4 Staff
& 4 Staff
SURFING IN FUERTEVENTURA
Although a year-round surfing destination, surfers flock to Fuerteventura in the winter, guaranteeing winter sun and the best swells. From October to May, regular swells light up Fuerteventura’s north coast, creating idyllic conditions for beginner, intermediate and advanced surfers. El Cotillo is the perfect north-east location, with a local beach-break and several other surf spots within a short drive north or west.
A TYPICAL DAY SURFING
The morning starts with fresh pancakes and fruits or cooked favourites and cereals. Collect your day bags and meet at the surf school. We’ll drive to El Cotillo beach or a more favourable spot for your morning surf lesson. Each day will include a morning and/or afternoon surf lesson, lasting two and a half hours each upon arrival. Enjoy a packed lunch and free time on the beach before returning to El Cotillo
Our surf school partners in El Cotillo will provide a fun, professional and personalised surf course. The surf school is located just a short walk from the apartments and includes an international team of professional instructors. You will receive coaching from the beach and in the water, guaranteeing maximum progression and wave count!
Surf lessons last two and a half hours and include all equipment and beach transfers. The students will be split into beginner and intermediate groups. Based on your itinerary and the weekly conditions, you will receive one or two lessons per day.
The maximum group size for each surf lesson is eight students per instructor. The surf instructors are experienced with young students, multilingual, and fully licensed; they hold both surf and beach lifeguard qualifications.
Surf lessons are generally held at El Cotillo, a reliable beach-break for all levels. Should the conditions be unsuitable for teaching at El Cotillo beach, we’ll drive to a different surf-friendly beach on the east coast. Intermediate and advanced surf lessons may also be held at surf spots along the North Track.
Two private studio yoga classes per student are included with every trip. Yoga gives you a better balance, both physically and psychologically. Yoga will also help to progress your surfing by improving flexibility, strength and focus.
Beach Games & Outdoor Activities
Throughout the week our team will organise beach football, volleyball and rounders on the white-sand beach-lagoons in El Cotillo. Snorkelling, skateboarding and stand-up-paddleboarding equipment are also available from the surf school.
Evening entertainment varies from visiting local restaurants in El Cotillo and Lajares to roof terrace BBQ nights with music. Further evening entertainment options include movie nights, stargazing, karaoke and trips to Corralejo.
TRIPS & EXCURSIONS
Private Catamaran Boat Trip
Set sail on a four-hour private catamaran boat trip to Lobos Island, including kayaking, stand-up-paddleboarding and snorkelling. Relax and unwind, or celebrate during this unforgettable experience with your school group. Enjoy a traditional Canarian lunch on board, with all soft drinks and food included.
Lajares Volcano Hike
Prepare for a unique experience, hiking to the top of Calderon Hondo, one of Fuerteventura’s highest dormant volcanoes at 278 meters. Explore the huge crater, spot the local wildlife and enjoy breath-taking views across the Canary Islands.
Corralejo Shopping Trip
Corralejo is the main tourist destination in Fuerteventura, with more of a resort feel than El Cotillo. Our Corralejo day trip offers the students free time to explore the harbour, beaches and surrounding cafes and shops.
COTILLO HOUSE PRIVATE ACCOMMODATION
This little boutique-style hotel is located in the heart of El Cotillo and guarantees both a comfortable and sociable living environment. Cotillo House was recently renovated and redecorated in a fresh and elegant style, consisting of 18 twin bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms. High-quality facilities include several chill-out areas, private indoor and outdoor terraces and a rooftop swimming pool. The delicious onsite restaurant provides a daily breakfast, lunch options and two evening meals, including a roof terrace BBQ night.
Laif Hotel consists of 18 spacious and bright twin bedrooms. Each bedroom includes two single beds, a wardrobe, desk, safe, TV and ensuite bathrooms.
The hotel can provide one extra bed per room.
- Rooftop swimming pool
- Roof terrace with sea views
- Lounge and hang-out areas
- Indoor & outdoor dining
- Reading room
- Games and movie room
- Safe-deposit box
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free toiletries
- Daily room cleaning
- Bed linen & bath towels
- Hotel reception & management team
- Unlimited drinking water
- The hotel offers a delicious onsite restaurant with varied meal options. Daily hotel breakfasts are included along with a packed lunch for the beach. We also visit a local restaurant for lunch, offering pasta, pizza or rice and salad dishes.
- The hotel will organise a private sunset BBQ on the roof terrace one evening, which includes fresh meat and fish.
- All other evening meals are provided by pre-booked restaurants in El Cotillo and Lajares, consisting of British favourites, Italian, Mexican and traditional options.
- We provide free refillable drinking water.
- Additional meals and drinks are available to purchase in-country.
- Vegan and vegetarian options are available.
- Visa documents (if required)
- Spending money
- Personal medication
- Sunscreen, after-sun and moisturiser
- Personal toiletries
- Clothing incl. beachwear and a warm jumper or jacket for the evenings
- Sunglasses and sun hat
- Day backpack
- Reusable water bottle
- Beach towel
- Flip flops
- Trainers for walking
- European travel adaptor
- A camera to capture your favourite moments!
FULLY INCLUSIVE SCHOOL TRIP PACKAGES
- International flights
- One hold bag per passenger
- Overseas airport transfers
- All overseas transport
- Boutique hotel accommodation
- Rooftop swimming pool & terrace
- Wi-Fi, bed linen and bath towels
- Daily cleaning
Food & Drink
- Delicious hotel breakfasr
- Varied lunch options
- Evening meals at local restaurants
- Unlimited water, tea and coffee
- Daily surf lessons
- Private yoga classes
- Beach games
- S.U.P & skateboarding
- Private catamaran boat trip
- Lajares volcano hike
- Corralejo shopping trip
- Rooftop sunset BBQ
- Movie nights with popcorn
- Live music in the harbour
- Visiting local restaurants
Support & Insurance
- Free staff travel (1:10)
- Schools Go Surfing Trip Leader
- Overseas surf camp support
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- Financial protection (ATOL)
Merchandise & Extras
- Sustainable Nolla water bottle
- High-quality surf tour hoody
- Bespoke Vamoos travel app account
- Photography (with permission)
- Carbon offsetting contribution