A SCHOOLS GO SURFING TRIP TO
Portugal and specifically the Algarve is one of Europe’s top surfing destinations! Guaranteeing over 300 days of sunshine a year, an abundance of waves and a diverse range of beaches, a trip to the Algarve should be on every surfer’s bucket list. Surf on secluded beaches, experience garden yoga classes, join surf camp activities and explore Lagos. Our prices include return flights to Faro Airport and all overseas meals and transport.
Since 2006, our partners at Algarve Watersport have established the perfect surf camp for Watersport enthusiasts, specialising in surfing, windsurfing, and kitesurfing courses. Our action-packed itineraries benefit from fully inclusive prices specifically tailored for school groups. You will receive professional surf lessons from experienced instructors and delicious international food at your private surf house accommodation.
mild and wet winters
mild and wet winters
SURFING IN THE ALGARVE
This Algarve is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets in the surfing world; uncrowded surf spots stretch from the southern coast around Lagos to the Alentejo region in the west. Atlantic swells, beautiful beaches and pleasant temperatures create this scenic year-round surfing destination. The summer months are best for warmer sea temperatures; however, beginner-friendly waves can be found throughout the year.
A TYPICAL DAY SURFING
Following a hearty breakfast, we load up the surf vans and drive to the beach with the best daily conditions. Most surf lessons take place on the Arlgarve’s West coast, where the best year-round conditions are guaranteed. All surf spots are usually within a 30-minute drive from Lagos and each surf lessons will last at least two hours. A packed lunch and free time will be provided at the beach after the surf lesson.
Our partners in Lagos include a team of certified, experienced and multilingual surf instructors. They will introduce you to the fundamentals of surfing and take you to the best beaches for your surf level. Every lesson includes beach transfers and modern equipment consisting of easy-to-use soft boards and high-quality Billabong wetsuits.
Each surf lesson will last approximately two hours on arrival at the beach, with a minimum of 90 minutes in the water.
The lessons will be provided by experienced and certified surf instructors, with an ISA and FPS licence.
You will receive surf theory at the start of every lesson, learning about the equipment, safety and understanding the characteristics of the waves, currents and tides.
The three main surf spots we use include Arrifana, Amoreira and Monte Clerigo; they offer the best conditions for surfing in the Algarve at every level.
The Algarve’s southern coast between Albufeira and Sagres consists of shallow coastal lagoons and thermal winds, creating excellent conditions for learning to windsurf. It's possible to swap your surf lessons for a windsurfing course, which includes certified instructors and high-quality equipment.
There is no better way to unwind than with a relaxing yoga class to strengthen your body and revitalise your mind. You will receive two optional yoga classes at the surf house, helping to improve strength, flexibility and balance.
Surf Camp Activities
The surf house accommodation guarantees a sociable and entertaining stay. Relax in a hammock or socialise in one of the terraces; take a dip in the swimming pool, watch a movie, play pool or join other games and activities.
TRIPS & EXCURSIONS
Lagos is an ancient maritime town, with more than 2,000 years of history. Visit cafes, restaurants, shops and picture-perfect beaches in your free time. We’ll organise group trips into Lagos both during the day and evening.
Stand Up Paddle Tours
The SUP tours glide along the diverse coastline of the Algarve. Discover the dramatic cliffs, caves and beaches close to Lagos. Should the sea conditions be unsuitable, we'll head to the lagoon of Alvor or visit a popular inland lake (Barragem de Bravura).
Hiking tours are available throughout different regions of the Algarve, taking in breathtaking views and stunning scenery. Transport and guiding are both included.
SURF HOUSE ACCOMMODATION
The surf house provides entertaining, relaxing and comfortable accommodation for 40 guests in twin and dorm rooms; as well as bungalows. Lagos town centre and the famous Meia Praia beach are just a 10-minute walk away. Excellent onsite facilities include a swimming pool, communal living room, a pool table and private gardens consisting of several terraces and hammocks. Bed linen is included; however, you will need to bring your own bath and beach towels.
Two dorm rooms accommodate six students each in comfortable bunk beds. They include individual reading lights, storage and private bathrooms.
Five twin rooms accommodate both students and individual staff members, providing maximum privacy and private bathrooms.
Four poolside bungalows consist of twin beds, bunk beds, private bathrooms and a living room. We accommodate up to 16 students in the bungalows.
- Private swimming pool.
- Indoor and outdoor terraces for socialising.
- Large garden with hammocks and sun loungers.
- TV lounge for watching films.
- Pool table and varied surf house games.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Surf camp management team
- Bed linen
- Onsite food and drink
- Unlimited drinking water
- Unlimited tea & coffee
- All overseas meals are included.
- Breakfast includes juices, tea, coffee, whole wheat bread, rolls, baguette, cheese, ham, jam, eggs, yoghourt, fruits, cereals and fresh milkshakes and smoothies.
- The students will be provided with a packed lunch at the beach or buffet lunch at the surf camp.
- The experienced kitchen team will provide a delicious three-course dinner after a long day in the water. This includes theme nights inspired from Italian, Asian, Latin American, German, Danish, Hungarian and of course Portuguese cuisine.
- We provide free refillable drinking water and unlimited tea and coffee.
- Vegan and vegetarian options are available.
- Visa documents (if required)
- Spending money
- Personal medication
- Please bring one bath towel and one beach towel
- Sunscreen, after-sun and moisturiser
- Sunglasses and sun hat
- European travel adapter
- Personal toiletries
- Day backpack and reusable water bottle
- Clothing incl. warm jumper or jacket for the evenings
- Flip flops
- Trainers for walking
- A camera to capture your favourite moments!
FULLY INCLUSIVE SCHOOL TRIP PACKAGES
- International flights
- One hold bag per passenger
- Overseas airport transfers
- All overseas transport
- Private surf house accommodation
- Dorm & twin rooms, and apartments
- Bed linen & Wi-Fi
- Onsite swimming pool and gardens
Food & Drink
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Healthy lunch options
- Freshly prepared surf camp dinner
- Unlimited water, tea and coffee
- Comprehensive surf course
- Surf theory
- Yoga classes twice a week
- Optional windsurfing course
- Visit Lagos
- One SUP Tour
- Hiking Tour (optional extra)
- Sociable surf camp BBQ
- Games and movie nights
- Sunset trips to Lagos
- Free time to socialise and relax
Support & Insurance
- Free staff travel (1:10)
- Schools Go Surfing Trip Leader
- Dedicated overseas surf camp team
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- Financial protection (ATOL)
Merchandise & Extras
- Sustainable Nolla water bottle
- High-quality surf tour hoody
- Bespoke Vamoos travel app account
- Photography (with permission)
- Carbon offsetting contribution