A SCHOOLS GO SURFING TRIP TO
Join us for an unforgettable school surf trip experience to Moliets, South-West France. Stay within walking distance from Moliets beach and resort town centre. From May to October, this bohemian surf camp retreat is one of our most popular destinations, guaranteeing pleasant weather and great waves for all levels. Moliets is a truly idyllic setting for a school trip, combining surf lessons and yoga classes with wellbeing and mindfulness.
Whether you’re looking for a dedicated school surf and wellbeing trip or a new option for your summer activities week, Moliets is a destination that caters for every school at an affordable price. Our Moliets school trips include varied activities, such as daily surf lessons, yoga classes and beach games, as well as a memorable day trip to the Spanish coastal city of San Sebastian. Enjoy entertaining surf camp facilities and healthy outdoor living!
(25°C to 30°C, May-Oct)
(25°C to 30°C, May-Oct)
SURFING IN MOLIETS
South-West France is a well-known region amongst the surfing community; it was here in nearby Biarritz that the very first waves were ever surfed in Europe. Atlantic swells and sandy beaches combine to create endless surf spots with pumping conditions; popular with locals and tourists. Moliets beach provides perfect teaching conditions for our school groups, with gently rolling waves and pleasant weather.
A TYPICAL DAY SURFING
Start the morning with a hearty buffet breakfast and put together your packed lunches. Collect your equipment and walk to the beach, where you will be separated into your surf lesson groups. The lesson begins with a warm-up and introduction, followed by a two-hour practical surf lesson. Enjoy a relaxing lunch on the beach before a second surf lesson or other activity, based on your daily schedule.
Star Surf will facilitate your surf course in Moliets, guaranteeing a fun, professional and enthusiastic approach to every lesson. The surf school includes modern equipment and a team of international surf instructors, who will deliver your surf lessons from the beach and in the water, helping you to progress and catch the best waves possible.
Your surf lessons will take place on Moliets-Plage, lasting two hours each upon arrival. Your practical lessons will be supported by surf theory; learning about water safety, rip currents and how to read the conditions and hazards of every surf break.
The surf instructors at Star Surf are qualified and fully licensed in France; they hold beach lifeguard and surf instructor qualifications. They have a good understanding of the local surf spots and teach in maximum groups of eight students per instructor.
All equipment is included with your surf lessons; we recommend bringing your own wetsuit if you already have one. The surf school uses foam surfboards for their surf lessons, which are great for beginners to catch the most waves and avoid injury.
Experience group yoga classes within a relaxing setting, surrounded by pine forests and nature. Yoga is a fantastic way to stretch after surfing and improves flexibility, core strength and wellbeing. The surf camp's professional yoga instructors make their sessions fun and accessible to 'Yogis' of all levels.
Joining beach games and competitions are a great way to work as a team and make the most of living a healthy and active outdoor lifestyle.
Surf Camp Activities
Surf camp facilities include a large yoga deck, ping pong tables, balance trainers and table football. Enjoy a movie in the outdoor cinema or relax in a hammock.
Evening entertainment is a social highlight of the trip, with varied activities available following every evening meal, including live music, games and movie nights.
TRIPS & EXCURSIONS
San Sebastian Day Trip
Just 20 kilometres south of the French border and a 90-minute coach journey from Moliets lies the vibrant Spanish city of San Sebastián. Explore one of Europe's most beautiful coastal cities and join our tour around the old part of town, visiting the quaint little streets and shops. We'll then meet at the top of Monte Urgull for an unforgettable sunset view and group photo.
Biarritz Day Trip
Biarritz is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, which is why locals often call it “the Queen of the Basque country”. Biarritz is steeped in rich culture and historical relevance in the surfing world, as it was on these very beaches that the first waves in Europe were surfed by a Californian filmmaker! We start our tour at the infamous lighthouse before finishing at our favourite ice cream parlour.
SURF CAMP ACCOMMODATION
Pitched within the pine forests of southwest France and a short distance from the beach, stay at a fully catered and purpose-built surf camp with glamping tents and various onsite facilities for socialising and relaxing. All glamping tents include electricity and single memory foam mattresses with bedding. Onsite facilities include shaded seating areas for eating and entertaining, hammocks, games, a yoga deck and an outdoor cinema.
Stay in two and three-person bohemian bell tents, with single memory foam mattresses, lighting, plug sockets and bedding all included.
The bell tents consist of a centre pole, interior mesh zip curtains and mesh windows at the base for better ventilation.
Student Bell Tents
The bell tents are designed to accommodate two or three students per tent.
Staff Bell Tents
The travelling teachers will receive a private bell tent each.
- Shaded seating and eating areas
- Raised chill-out platforms
- Private surf camp yoga deck
- Male and female toilet and shower blocks
- Three-tier outdoor cinema
- Hammock hotel
- Table tennis & table football
- Wetsuit showers
- Equipment storage room
- Free Wi-Fi
- Surf camp reception, cleaning & maintenance team
- Memory foam mattresses and bedding
- Unlimited drinking water
- Unlimited tea & coffee
- Onsite surf camp chef
- The surf camp chef prepares a breakfast buffet every morning. This includes tea, coffee, juices, and milk; cereals, fresh bread, cakes and a variation of spreads and jams. Further buffet options include cheese, cold meats, fresh fruit and daily cooked specials.
- The students will prepare their packed lunches at breakfast, including fresh sandwiches, salads, snacks and soft drinks.
- The surf camp chef will prepare a hearty buffet dinner every evening, with vegetarian and vegan options available upon request.
- Visa documents (if required)
- Spending money
- Personal medication
- Sunscreen, after-sun and moisturiser
- Sunglasses and sun hat
- Personal toiletries
- Day backpack and reusable water bottle
- Clothing incl. beachwear and a warm jumper for the evenings
- Flip flops and trainers
- Bath towel and beach towel
- Tableware (plates, bowls, etc.)
- Tupperware box for your packed lunch
- Cup or mug
- Torch / Lantern / Head Torch (Plus extra batteries)
- European travel adapter
- Anti-Bacterial Hand wash
- Insect Repellent
- Toilet Roll
- Wet Wipes – For easy, quick cleaning
FULLY INCLUSIVE SCHOOL TRIP PACKAGES
- International flights
- One hold bag per passenger
- Overseas airport transfers
- All overseas transport
- Deluxe surf camp accommodation
- Fully furnished bell tents
- Entertaining onsite facilities
- Bedding & Wi-Fi included
Food & Drink
- Continental breakfast with hot items
- Healthy packed lunch
- Delicious surf camp evening meals
- Unlimited water, tea and coffee
- Daily surf lessons
- Private outdoor yoga classes
- Varied beach games
- Surf camp activities
- San Sebastian day trip
- Biarritz day trip (optional extra)
- Sociable surf camp BBQ
- Live music and open mic night
- Outdoor movie night
- Surf camp quiz and games
Support & Insurance
- Free staff travel (1:10)
- Schools Go Surfing Trip Leader
- Dedicated overseas surf camp team
- Financial protection (ATOL)
- Comprehensive travel insurance
Merchandise & Extras
- Sustainable Nolla water bottle
- High-quality surf tour hoody
- Bespoke Vamoos travel app account
- Photography (with permission)
- Carbon offsetting contribution